“What can we do to have the manifest presence of God in our lives? What can we do to be sure that we really are living before the shining face? Well, there are really three things that you can do and I assure you, you will live, you will practice the presence of God—the manifold presence of God—three things.” Dallas Willard
Practice God's Presence to Us
- Mentally and verbally acknowledge God’s presence. We say “Lord you are here.”
- Continually thank God for what he has given us. We live in gratitude.
- Invite God into all locations and activities that occupy you.
Practice God’s Presence Through Us
- Bless others this week using the Aaronic Blessing from Numbers 6:22-26. Imitate the manner that Dallas demonstrated at the 2013 Knowing Christ Today Conference.*
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace” (Num. 6:23b–26)
- Or bless using words appropriate to the person and place receiving blessing.
Click here, to hear a talk on practicing the presence by Dallas Willard.